In the last half-century, probing matter with electromagnetic (EM) fields to give a human-intelligible image of a region under test in a non-invasive fashion has been a very attractive field of research. Notwithstanding, the processing of data collected – for instance – by means of a ground penetrating radar (GPR) is still considered a
challenging problem. In this context, innovative imaging techniques have been developed by the members of the ELEDIA Research Center network to provide easy-to-interpret and reliable images of subsurface and/or through-the-wall domains. The application scenarios considered within ELEDIA include
- Unexploded ordnances detection;
- Civil engineering;
- Structural health monitoring
- Forensic investigations;
- Search and rescue missions;
- Surveillance, reconnaissance, and security.
The methodologies developed within ELEDIA are based on a wide variety of paradigms, including (i) the real-time detection and classification of buried objects based on the learning-by-example (LBE) techniques, (ii) the use of deterministic, stochastic, and probabilistic compressive sensing (CS) strategies combined with multi-resolution and multi-frequency schemes to provide robust and accurate quantitative reconstructions of the inaccessible investigated domain.
For additional information contact us at email@example.com
- M. Salucci, A. Gelmini, L. Poli, G. Oliveri, and A. Massa, "Progressive compressive sensing for exploiting frequency-diversity in GPR imaging," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 1164-1193 2018 (DOI: 10.1080/09205071.2018.1425160)
- M. Salucci, L. Poli, and A. Massa, "Advanced multi-frequency GPR data processing for non-linear deterministic imaging," Signal Processing vol. 132, pp. 306-318, March 2017 (DOI: 10.1016/j.sigpro.2016.06.019)
- M. Salucci, L. Poli, N. Anselmi, and A. Massa, "Multi-frequency particle swarm optimization for enhanced multi-resolution GPR microwave imaging," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 1305-1317, March 2017 (DOI: 10.1109/TGRS.2016.2622061)
- M. Salucci, L. Tenuti, L. Poli, G. Oliveri, and A. Massa, "A computational method for the inversion of wide-band GPR measurements," Journal of Physics vol. 756, pp. 1-6 2016 (DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/756/1/012008)
- M. Salucci, G. Oliveri, and A. Massa, "GPR prospecting through an inverse scattering frequency-hopping multi-focusing approach," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing vol. 53, no. 12, pp. 6573-6592, December 2015 (DOI: 10.1109/TGRS.2015.2444391)