The ELEDIA@UESTC staff is located at the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC), Chengdu, P.R. China. The Research Center is equipped with state-of-the-art RF and microwave measurement facilities, high performance computation facilities and electromagnetic CAD tools, to fully support research, analysis, modeling, test and development efforts related to antennas and high frequency electromagnetic systems.
Anechoic chamber (25 m× 15 m × 15 m) equipped with the following facilities for flexible antenna pattern and gain measurements:
- NSI 2000 far-field antenna measurement system up to 40 GHz;
- NSI planar near-field system with 9 m × 9 m high precision planar scanner;
- NSI cylindrical near-field system for measuring broad-beam antennas.
Agilent N5234A Network Analyzer Frequency range: 10MHz-43.5 GHz.
Computer facilities available for research in the Research Center include plenty of workstations and scientific computation servers with 512 GB RAM and up to 64 cores.
Electromagnetic CAD Tool
The available computational software packages in Research Center include various commercial electromagnetic simulators and antenna CAD tools as well as numerical codes developed in-house at the UESTC-ELEDIA. In particular, the electromagnetic simulation codes available for research include:
- High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) for finite element modeling of arbitrary 3-D structures;
- FEKO for Method of Moments modelling of arbitrary electrically large 3-D structures;
- CST MWS for numerical solution of Maxwell Equations.
Various MOM based in-house codes, e.g., Characteristic Mode Solver, is also developed to investigate the operation mechanisms of arbitrarily shaped antennas with complicated materials.